The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good.
OCCRP is seeking to hire a Russian Language Engagement Editor to help us share our work with new Russian-speaking audiences and increase our reach in countries with significant Russian-speaking populations. The editor will design a new social media and communications strategy for our Russian-language content and seek out for new areas of engagement with readers, civil society, and other journalists.
The engagement editor will work directly with OCCRP’s Russian-language editorial team and will be required to work closely with English-language editors and our global communications and engagement teams. We are looking for a creative and proactive native-level Russian speaker with excellent communication skills who can speak and write fluent English. The successful candidate must also be able to work efficiently across OCCRP teams, and with partners and other external organizations.
Responsibilities & tasks
● Building OCCRP’s Russian-speaking audience.
● Designing a strategy to create new social media channels for OCCRP in Russian.
● Managing OCCRP’s social media feeds in Russian.
● Coordinating with global engagement editor and local partners to promote investigations in Russian.
● Getting coverage for OCCRP stories in partner and non-partner media outlets.
● Coordinating the dissemination of OCCRP investigations through creating and maintaining alliances with media outlets and key stakeholders.
● Supporting OCCRP’s team of translators to translate stories of interest for a Russian-speaking audience.
Skills & qualifications
● Excellent writing ability — your copy, social media or otherwise, should require little editing.
● Ability to think about new and creative ways of reaching new audiences.
● Ability to generate and support new alliances with media and civil society partners.
● Ability to prioritize, coordinate, lead and put together social media strategies.
● Well-connected with a network of contacts among universities, journalists and NGOs in countries with a significant Russian-speaking population.
● Strong communication skills suited to working remotely and coordinating promotion.
● Ability to efficiently translate complex ideas from English into clear, readable Russian.
● Strong motivation to proactively drive OCCRP forward in engaging with its Russian-speaking audience.
● Organization and attention to detail.
● Basic graphic design skills are a plus.
How to apply
To apply, please send a detailed resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work with OCCRP
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr(at)occrp.org
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.