Operations Executive, North of England (Remote Position) at Beam
Transforming how the world supports those left behind, through the power of people and technology 🚀
At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives. It’s a place where you can be yourself, have fun and grow every day.
Due to Beam's rapid growth across the UK, we’re now hiring outside of London for the first time, based remotely from any northern city. Join our journey to create equality of opportunity at scale!
About the role
We’re looking for an Operations Executive to join our Operations team and support people on life-changing journeys out of homelessness.
After an intensive training period, you’ll work with homeless people to understand the risks in their lives and to support them to reach their goals.
🎥 Check out 'a day in the life' of an Operations Executive on our Beam Instagram!
Responsibilities & tasks
- Motivating and meeting one to one with homeless people
- Designing plans to help people reach their goals
- Working with our awesome in-house tech tools
- Making a measurable difference by hitting social impact goals
- Supporting people practically and emotionally to get great jobs
- Humble and supportive
- At home in ever-changing, fast-paced environments
- Emotionally mature and adaptable
- Excited about the possibilities of tech to bring change
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
Skills & qualifications
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Experience and comfort with multi-tasking
- Compassion for people in tough situations
- Resilience and a positive attitude
- Respect for data-driven decision-making
- We're also on the lookout for Romanian and Polish speakers!
About the team
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful co-working space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups list for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
How to apply
Please apply by filling in all your details and letting us know (either in a video or in writing) why you care deeply about our mission and why you have the capabilities and drive to help us accomplish it (in this role)
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.