Urban Jungle is here to change the insurance industry for good.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in the UK, and we’re taking on one of the biggest and most outdated industries in the world. Urban Jungle puts the customer at the heart of everything it does, uses the latest technology to make insurance simple, fair and affordable, and helps us give our customers much more confidence in their financial futures.
All of this has meant we’ve already been able to help over 125,000 customers get better insurance and become one of the top-rated home insurance providers in the UK, with 4.8 on Trustpilot from over 6,000 reviews. We’ve raised over £30m in funding to date to help us with our mission.
We also have a huge focus on people and our planet. We placed 1st in the TechRound100 2021, 12th in the Startups100 2021 and we won the “Best Employer Award” in the UK FinTech Awards 2021. More recently in 2022, we placed 5th in Tempo's Super Start Ups Awards and achieved B Corp certification.
And the best bit? This is just the beginning.
About The Role
We're looking for an Operations Associate to help us deliver a world-class experience for our customers.
As an Operations Associate, you will be in a uniquely varied role within the business - talking directly to our customers, ensuring the day to day operations of Urban Jungle run smoothly, and working closely with other teams around the business.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll look to you to continually champion customer feedback within the business. You’ll also help us build new operational functions and tackle exciting challenges - for example helping us build our own world-class claims operations.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Respond to customer queries, problems and feedback via phone, chat and email. You can expect to spend at least half of your time on live customer support.
- Completing operational and customer processes, such as cancellations and claim submissions.
- Identify specific customer issues and opportunities and work with our Ops, Product and Insurance teams to make our products better!
- Deliver initiatives to help improve and scale our operations functionBe the voice of the customer in cross-functional projects, for example, launching a new product.
- Use insights and feedback to develop new and creative ways to optimise the experience for our customers.
You've read this far! Here's what we’re looking for from you:
- We are changing a huge financial industry - you are excited about being a part of this big challenge.
- No Operations or Insurance experience is necessary, so long as you can demonstrate a drive to help solve customer issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to support our customers every step of the way.
- A natural problem-solver with a “test and learn” mentality.
- A high level of attention-to-detail.
- Super organised and comfortable multitasking to tight deadlines.
- Not afraid to get stuck in and willing to roll up your sleeves to get customer and business problems solved.
- Above all, you’ll care passionately about delivering an exceptional experience to our customers.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
About Our Offer
We’re taking an office-centric approach to work (with lots of flexibility built-in) and the team is based in Oval, London.
In addition to our positive, open working environment, you can expect the following benefits of working at Urban Jungle:
A starting salary of between £27,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
A share of our successes. Every Urban Jungler receives share options that can increase alongside performance and growth.
An impact from day one. Our business is scaling rapidly. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of Urban Jungle now and in the future.
Dedicated development. Continuous learning and growth are part of our DNA. Our aim is to help you develop faster than any other business could. You’ll have a dedicated senior mentor, training on whatever you need to do your job well and a dedicated personal development budget.
Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
A commitment to our values. Our values inform our policies, processes, decisions and actions. They are core to how we operate as a business.
25 days paid leave, plus public holidays.
All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials and have some vibrant team communities like book club, foodies, and sports.
About Our Commitment
Urban Jungle is an equal opportunity employer and fairness and respect are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. We know that in order to build a truly successful business, we need a team of diverse individuals who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.