We are looking for a creative and experienced Midweight Front-End Developer with an excellent eye for detail to join us on our mission to make a meaningful impact on our planet.
You will be working alongside a tight-knit team of talented designers and developers to push the boundaries of Shopify by delivering custom ecommerce stores that have the lowest digital impact possible.
As the first UK Shopify agency with digital sustainability at its core, there's a real opportunity here to be an integral part of the agency team as we look to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
As a key member of the development team you will be responsible for building custom Shopify storefronts and front-end features as part of scopes of work for both project and retainer clients.
To do this you will need to:
- Fully understand the objectives, goals and deliverables of the project you're working on
- Understand project plans and work with the Project Manager to execute on those plans
- Ensure that your code is clean and easily picked up by other developers if/when needed
- Track progress of project tasks and deliverables via our Project Management platform (ClickUp)
- Identify and raise any potential issues before they arise
- Join occasional status calls with clients during project delivery
- Support with internal reviews and QA of design and development work produced
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience building sites that integrate with a CMS (e.g. Shopify, WordPress etc)
- Experience with React (building static sites/ web apps)
- Experience integrating with third party APIs
- Experience working with third party plugins/apps
- The ability to produce accurate scopes and effectively tracking your time
- The appetite to contribute to team upskilling and innovation
- The appetite to take full ownership of how they can continuously improve and add value to our client ecommerce stores / websites
- Responsive development skills
- A ‘pixel perfect' attention to detail
- A keen interest in ecommerce and achieving digitally sustainable sites through optimised performance
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Shopify and coding in Liquid, setting up stores, building bespoke themes and ongoing maintenance
- Experience with developing custom Shopify apps
- An understanding of Shopify CLI and developer tools
- The ability to understand, Plan, Develop, Test and Document Web implementations as part of a team
- Experience with Gulp or similar build tools
- Experience with Typescript
- An understanding of git and version control
- An understanding of web security and accessibility
- The ability to debug yours and others' code efficiently
- The appetite to identify, create and manage components / reusable code
- Any experience in headless commerce (e.g. Hydrogen by Shopify)
- Any experience with Jamstack framework
- Experience with SASS/SCSS
- Experience working with Adobe XD/ Figma design files
- Experience with Google Analytics/ Pagespeed score improvements
Noughts & Ones is a growing Shopify agency with a close-knit team who share planet-first values - we want to have a positive impact for people, planet and profit (in that order).
We help our clients achieve their commercial goals through low impact ecommerce design and development as part of our Conscious Development™ framework.
We work remote-first, with access to the beautiful Gather Round Brunswick Square co-working space in Bristol 2 days per week - we ask the whole team to work from there each Wednesday and the second day is totally flexible / optional.
We are a very friendly bunch and understand the pressures of life, always taking a people-first approach to how we operate.
We offer flexible working hours that you can adapt around your lifestyle. Our core working hours are 10:00-16:00 which can be even more flexible on occasion and offer TOIL (time off in lieu).
We're a relaxed and friendly agency with a sociable work culture. As well as the opportunity to work with amazing ethical, purpose-driven brands, you'll also benefit from:
• Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
• 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays)
• Christmas closure days
• Annual agency retreat
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working (with access to co-working space)
• Your own MacBook Pro
• Private healthcare
• Workplace pension scheme
• Opportunities for progression within a growing agency