The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good.
OCCRP is looking for a full- or part-time intern web software tester who will be responsible for supporting the web team’s development of OCCRP’s web products by forming part of a rigorous testing and quality assurance process. Using a combination of manual testing, user testing and modern automated testing, the intern tester will be responsible for consulting with website and web product users and stakeholders to create a rigorous testing plan, testing new and ongoing products and features, and helping check the quality of products produced by the team.
This is an ideal internship if you are interested in building your skills in front-end development, software testing both automated and manual, and user experience, all while working for an international organization with real impact around the world.
The internship is intended for 6 months, but can be flexible on request. A small monthly stipend (up to $600 USD for full-time) to cover some of your living costs will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
● Writing software testing plans and acceptance criteria in collaboration with the web team
● Systematically testing the OCCRP website and other web products
● Reporting bugs in a clear and coherent way to the web development team
● Using task management tools to manage your workload
● Using front-end testing frameworks and tools to write automated tests for key areas of the website
Responsibilities & tasks
We need you to have:
● Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
● Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
● Willingness to work in a deadline-oriented environment
● Enthusiasm, can-do attitude and willingness to learn independently
● Good logical problem-solving skills
● An interest in web development and web technologies
● Attention to detail
We’d like you to have:
● Have studied or be studying a diploma, degree or certificate in web development, software development, engineering, computer science or related field.
● Some previous testing experience with unit tests or automated end-to-end tests (mocha/chai, cypress…)
● Some experience using the command line and development tools like git, or if not, willingness to learn.
Skills & qualifications
How to apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV/resume including examples of previous work to jobs(at)occrp.org
As this is an entry-level role, and many candidates do not have extensive work experience, the cover letter is especially important. Candidates not including a covering letter will not be considered.
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr(at)occrp.org.
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of Good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.