Fancy coming and being part of our team of Benefexers? We need awesome people to join us on our mission to make work a great place to be for absolutely everyone.
Benefex is the company behind OneHub, the award-winning platform for employee benefits, reward and recognition, and internal communications. Benefex has won over 50 awards for delivering consumer-grade employee experiences to global organisations including AstraZeneca, Bank of America, BT, Centrica, Snowflake, Liberty Global and Salesforce.
Benefex is a very fast-growing private equity-backed SaaS-based technology business, dedicated to helping businesses win and retain talent by making work a great place for their employees.
This role will be a great to opportunity for a junior private practice lawyer to make the move to working in-house or for a junior in-house lawyer to continue to develop their skills. The successful candidate will work closely with key executives, including the award-winning Benefex General Counsel, and the phenomenal Benefex Sales team, in a performance-driven but friendly and supportive environment.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Benefex Sales team to negotiate and close new business contracts, covering the full range of Benefex products and services.
The Legal Counsel will also have an opportunity to get involved in more strategic work in the department, including developing internal playbooks for negotiating contracts, drafting and fine-tuning templates, and assisting with various tasks relating to post-acquisition integration of a company that has recently joined the Benefex Group.
The successful candidate will be someone who is ambitious, thrives working at pace and is comfortable taking the initiative, being proactive, clear, and commercial in supporting the business, while effectively prioritising multiple types of work.
The role will work closely with the Sales team and other relevant stakeholders (including the Benefex executive team) to manage a dynamic workload of commercial contracts under the direct supervision of the Benefex GC, as well as assisting with strategic department initiatives. This will include:
• delivering first-class legal support to the Sales team, acting as a pragmatic, “trusted adviser”;
• advising on a limited range of compliance issues (principally data protection in the context of SaaS contracts);
• helping to drive a contract negotiation process that is efficient and customer friendly whilst also providing the right level of governance & business protection;
• facilitating the continued integration of a company recently acquired by Benefex; and
• delivering internal training to the Sales team on key concepts in commercial contracts and data protection.
You will have:
• A strong academic record and a qualification from a reputable law firm. In-house experience in the outsourcing and/or technology sector, or experience in an e-commerce business, is helpful but not necessary. The role would be best suited to an ambitious junior lawyer in NQ-4Y PQE range;
• The ability to quickly understand complex issues and be able to translate that into timely, practical, and accessible advice to stakeholders, including at executive level;
• Strong experience of a wide variety of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including software licensing and supply contracts;
• A proven ability to build strong relationships with senior internal stakeholders and to operate as their “trusted adviser”;
• A good working knowledge of data protection laws in a commercial contracting context; and
• A desire to learn, get “stuck in” and take ownership of the company’s, the team’s, and your own success, proactively asking for support where needed.