At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role:
The UK government spends millions every year on employment support and tackling homelessness. Your role will be to build on the success of Beam’s established sales team to identify and capture new opportunities for Beam to take an increasing share of this funding. In doing so, you will help change millions of lives.
You will proactively identify new opportunities in untapped verticals and lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategies to secure new revenue. Over time, you will directly lead and develop a sales team to drive Beam’s continued growth.
You’re a talented senior salesperson with a stellar track record securing high value (multi million+) contracts. You enjoy getting your head around complex ecosystems and are a natural networker, able to create new opportunities and connections in slow-moving and complex environments.
A strategic thinker, you are able to spot opportunities others can’t. You are deeply analytical, comfortable sizing a market using diverse and incomplete data sets, modelling the savings created by Beam and managing your own pipeline and revenue forecasts.
A strong people leader, you are able to motivate a sales team and feel excited by the prospect of building a culture that balances revenue growth with team wellbeing.
You may be new to Tech for Good or working with government stakeholders. But you’re ready for a role which leverages your sales skills in transforming the lives of the most disadvantaged people in the UK and beyond. Every partnership your team closes leads us further towards our company north star; the number of lives we can change.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
We value diversity and are open to hearing from a broad range of experiences. If you are unsure, please apply.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life on our careers page (https://beam.org/careers)
- Identifying untapped verticals across the UK, acting as a sales radar and in-house consultant to our stellar sales team
- Developing and leading the execution of a winning go-to-market strategy in verticals you identify, including:
- Collaborating with our comms team to strengthen Beams brand
- Networking and building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Managing complex, high value sales negotiations and bid development
- Flexibly taking the lead on execution or handing delivery over to others
- Accountable for hitting revenue targets as we scale to >10x our current size, including taking responsibility for pipeline management and KPIs
- Leading and developing a high performing team
- Flexibly taking on management responsibilities as our team grows
- Coaching, developing and role modelling for a talented team
- Maintaining our high-performance and fun culture where your team is happy, focused and deeply motivated to succeed
- Working with our Talent team to attract, hire and onboard top talent
- Playing a leading role in developing the proposition for government stakeholders, our public sector brand and communications strategy
- Significant sales or business development experience in either a high growth tech company, professional services or in public sector procurement
- A personal track record of exceeding sales quota, with experience selling a complex B2B product or selling to public sector customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with a strong sense of - diplomacy. You are able to build relationships and credibility with a range of stakeholders including senior public sector leaders
- Experience building effective go-to-market strategies in either a leadership or consulting role
- A proven ability to develop and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Ideal: Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes and a strong network in government
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful co-working space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups list for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
Please apply by filling in all your details and letting us know (either in a video or in writing) why you care deeply about our mission and why you have the capabilities and drive to help us accomplish it (in this role)