Why would you love this role?
If you love solving tricky problems, you enjoy a fast-paced environment and you want to have a positive impact for people then this could be the role for you!
We’re looking for someone to join our diverse and growing team of 14, to help households always be on the best energy deal, hassle free.
If you love having the freedom to work out the best solution and the autonomy to just do it, then you’ll love working with us.
We’re a fast-moving, agile, start-up and we’re all driven to deliver the best we can. It’s always exciting and we work amazingly well as a team, which makes it all great fun.
Personal development is one of our passions and one of our strengths. You’ll have a personal development manager to help you make the most of the opportunities.
At Switchd, we always do the right thing. So, whether you’re helping people save time and money or reducing carbon emissions, you’ll be working on something seriously worthwhile!
We're looking for a developer to join our team. Our tech team is small but currently growing rapidly, so you’ll be joining a fast paced team. Supported by Tom (our CTO & Co-founder) and by our head of product you’ll be help developing our MakeMyHouseGreen proposition. Our ideal candidate is someone who can show a passion for development and finding the right solution, is excited about the vision of our company and is an all round good egg.
Key responsibilities and areas of ownership
- Building features to help our Green Gurus and our installer network
- Building new products into the model such as Air Source Heat Pumps
- Developing our monitoring platform for users, including accuracy updates to our model
- Further automation and control of customer switches and operations
- Building front-end UX, as designed by the product team, to delight customers.
- Ensuring a strong testing process for releases
You don’t need to know how to do all the below yet. We’ll teach you anything you don’t know. What's important to us is that you are a keen and quick learner!
- Clearly evidenced problem solving ability in previous technology applications
- Good at working through a problem to find the best solution
- A good understanding of technical architecture
-A good understanding of database structures and MYSQL
- Work well in a small team to rapidly test and build awesome tech.
- Well organised and time effective
- Friendly and personable