Finance Executive at Beam
Transforming how the world supports those left behind, through the power of people and technology 🚀
At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Finance Executive to join us during a period of exciting growth, supporting the transformation of Beam’s finance function.
In this role, you’ll be owning a number of critical projects as we look to bring our functionality in-house: bringing greater operational alignment between the business and finance.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Managing our Accounts Payable process
- Accurately posting and reconciling bookkeeping transactions
- Managing supplier details & queries
- Raising invoices
- Managing the credit control function including debtor chasing and taking ownership of the process for this
- Processing monthly journals entries for accruals, prepayments, depreciation or interest expenses
- Assisting with monthly accounting close and reporting
- Reviewing systems and processes for improvement and taking ownership of system processes throughout the business
- Managing payroll using our payroll system Pento
- Managing our expenses platform Pleo - liaise with staff is necessary
Humble and keen to learn with a can-do positive attitude
Renowned for your incredible attention to detail
Excited to learn more about finance and startup ops
Keen to bring your true, open self to work
Skills & qualifications
- A brilliant attention to detail - vulnerable people are relying on us
- Previous experience in Accounts payable & receivable is a must
- Good knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting) and ideally Pleo or Dext (formerly ReceiptBank)
About the team
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful co-working space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups list for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
How to apply
Please apply by filling in all your details and answering the following questions:
1. Let us know (either in a video or in writing) why you care deeply about our mission and why you have the capabilities and drive to help us accomplish it (in this role)
2. Could you give an example of a time you've put an accounting process in place?
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.