Finance Assistant at Beam
Transforming how the world supports those left behind, through the power of people and technology 🚀
At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role:
We're looking for a Finance Assistant to join our growing finance function and support Beam during a period of incredible growth.
Your key responsibility will be ensuring that everyone using Beam’s service gets what they need to leave homelessness: from that electrician training course to tools or that rental deposit on the first home they’ve had in years. But you’ll also get involved in other finance and operational tasks to support your fellow Beamers.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Processing purchase requests for items our beneficiaries need
- Booking training, checking deliveries and paying invoices for our beneficiaries
- Processing refunds & adhoc requests regarding beneficiary purchases
- Key point of contact for the operations team and wider teams surrounding beneficiary process requests
- Maintaining our internal purchasing system in Airtable
- Contribute to month end processes
- Support the Senior Finance Executive with claiming Gift Aid on behalf of our charity partner, The Beam Foundation
- Supporting with finance process improvements and projects
Humble and keen to learn with a can-do positive attitude
Renowned for your incredible attention to detail
Excited to learn more about finance and startup ops
Keen to bring your true, open self to work
Skills & qualifications
- A brilliant attention to detail - vulnerable people are relying on us
- Good knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting) and ideally Pleo or Dext (formerly ReceiptBank)
- Ideally, experience in an accounts payable role in a fast-paced environment
About the team
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful co-working space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups list for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
How to apply
Please apply by filling in all your details and answering the following questions:
1. Let us know (either in a video or in writing) why you care deeply about our mission and why you have the capabilities and drive to help us accomplish it (in this role)
2. How much experience do you have using Xero?
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.