The Board of Trustees are seeking an inspirational and effective Executive Producer to manage Theatre Deli’s team and activity in Sheffield. The Executive Producer reports to the CEO.
The Executive Team shall be comprised of the CEO and the Executive Producer.
The Creative Strategy Team shall be comprised of the CEO, the Executive Producer, and the Producer roles based in the London and Sheffield venues.
Theatre Deli is fully committed to a more representative industry. We would love to see applications from: individuals from underrepresented ethnicities including Black and Asian people, D/deaf people, disabled and neurodivergent people, working class people, people of all genders and sexual identities, people with caring responsibilities and people from all backgrounds currently underrepresented in the arts.
If you have any questions about this role or about working at Theatre Deli, please contact our Executive Director David Ralf for an informal conversation at email@example.com.
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Hours: Full time. Applications for flexible working are welcomed.
Evening and weekend working will be required on occasion.
Holidays: 28 days per annum pro rata, including Public Holidays
Contract type: Permanent
• Overseeing Theatre Deli productions and co-productions presented at Theatre Deli Sheffield and/or on tour.
• Overseeing administration of artistic residencies and agreed producing support of visiting companies.
• Negotiating and signing off agreements for Theatre Deli Sheffield’s performances, hires and workshops.
• Maintaining Theatre Deli boilerplate contracts for a range of opportunities and coproductions.
• With the Creative Strategy team, continually developing and refining our charitable opportunities for artists.
• Maintaining TD’s venues within Sheffield within the conditions of their leases.
• With the rest of the Executive Team, driving TD’s ongoing search for meanwhile-use properties to create bespoke creative venues with potential for community engagement, artistic investment and income generation
• Keeping fully informed of the financial picture for all three companies, including long term financial planning and problem-solving.
• Leading on financial management, bookkeeping, payroll and reporting for Theatre Deli Sheffield’s activities.
• Leading on project fundraising for Sheffield.
• Supporting the CEO with core fundraising and reporting.
• Ensuring TD Sheffield remains financially viable and resilient.
• Line-managing the staff of Theatre Deli Sheffield.
• Fostering a 360-degree, constructive feedback culture within TD Sheffield.
• Leading the cultivation of a committed antiracist, antipatriarchal culture within Theatre Deli nationally.
• With the rest of the Executive Team, inspiring and harnessing the creativity of the people we work with to achieve our goals and to enable them effectively to contribute to shaping those goals.
• With the rest of the Executive Team, developing and implementing a programme of continuous professional development for our staff, including yourself, that encompasses antiracism and antipatriarchy at every level of the organisation.
• Ensuring TD and its companies meet all its responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety, duty of care and safeguarding towards staff and users of our services and premises.
• Deputising for the CEO as required
• With the CEO, meeting monthly with the Finance and Artistic subcommittees.
• Advising the Board of Trustees through (minimum) quarterly Board reports, of progress towards agreed targets, of the performance of Theatre Deli Sheffield’s activities, hubs and staff, and recommendations for any revisions
• This list is an indication of the main responsibilities of a senior role in a unique organisation within a changing industry. The nature of the role is subject to change, and the Executive Producer will be expected to take on additional responsibilities as reasonably requested by the Board of Trustees.
View and download the full job description on the web link. If you require the job description in any other format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply by sending a CV with a covering statement. The covering statement can be in writing (not longer than 2 sides of A4) , as an audio or video file (not longer than 5 minutes), or in any other format that is accessible to you, to persuade us you would be an excellent Executive Producer of this organisation.
There will be at least two rounds of interviews. We will contact all candidates invited to interview to request details of any access requirements.
Applications should be addressed to our Chair of Trustees Pam Fraser Solomon at email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications will close on Tuesday 18th October 2022 at midday.