Energy Technical Consultant at Optimised
To deliver quantifiable business outcomes to our clients that incorporate energy, carbon and well-being. Through continuous innovation we aim to drive the world closer to net zero.
Role title: Technical Consultant (Energy)
Office location: Ashby or Blackpool (Flexible)
Employment type: Fulltime
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 per annum + Car Allowance
About the role
As a Technical Consultant within Optimised, you are responsible for providing technical feasibility studies for specific energy efficiency projects, decarbonisation projects or change management programmes and building financial business cases to prove return on investment, payback and general project viability.
You will work in conjunction with the Consulting team to develop innovative insight and tangible energy management programmes across multiple sectors within the Consulting Services at Optimised.
You must be passionate about energy management and sustainability and be able to drive energy consumption, cost and carbon savings through Optimised portfolio of clients.
Responsibilities & tasks
What you’ll actually do
• Undertake energy efficiency audits in commercial facilities (manufacturing, public sector, CRE, hospitality, retail) to identify key energy consumers and how the assets can be optimised or upgraded to generate energy savings for the client
• Understand clients’ current operating procedures and energy trend profiles through review of energy and performance data
• Undertake energy data analysis including detailed trend and exception analysis of high frequency data to achieve best practice and eliminate energy waste
• Build investment grade business cases for the energy efficiency projects in preparation for implementation
• Develop written technical reports with ROI calculations in terms of cost, consumption and carbon
• Support the delivery of net zero strategy and develop bespoke solutions across multiple sites to support decarbonisation of scope 1 & scope 2 emission source
• Advise and support the business on energy generation and infrastructure solutions including heat pumps, solar PV, BESS, CHP, and other applicable technologies
• Communicate with multiple stakeholders including, directors, clients, and delivery teams both internally and externally to advise best practise for energy management
• Communicate and manage third party contractors effectively
• Ensure tasks are prioritised and delegated based on company requirements and deadlines
• Support on the technical specification for client tenders, bids, and quotations
• Keep skills up to date with skills and developments in the role/expertise.
• Convey real passion and belief in the business and support the drive to a net zero world.
• Provide a contribution to continuous collaboration and innovation.
• Support managers in the provision of Health, Safety and Wellbeing in the workplace.
• Ensure you act as a role model, work collaboratively, act professionally and enhance positive morale and well-being at internal/external events.
Proactive attitude that brings drive, energy and passion to the role
Flexible, positive and committed team member, who works to high standards
Promotes a culture of inclusivity
Self-motivated and able to operate with a high degree of autonomy or part of a team
Passionate about social or environmental issues with a mission-driven mindset
Demonstrate our core values: Customer Intimate, Own The Outcome, Do The Right Thing, Innovate and Teamwork.
Skills & qualifications
What you’ll need
• Electrical, Mechanical or Engineering qualification to a degree level or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience performing energy audits and/or delivering energy efficiency improvements in a variety of commercial sectors
• Low Carbon Consultant and/ or ESOS Lead Assessor (desirable)
• Membership of Professional Institute and continual CPD (desirable)
• Technical understanding of Electrical, Mechanical and Utility Infrastructure
• Commercial awareness of UK Government energy policy and incentives
• Ability to develop accurate assessments and reports to a high standard
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
• Project Management Skills with excellent communication, numerical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage internal and external expectations professionally
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK on a regular basis – must hold a valid UK driving license
• Eligibility to work in the UK
About the team
Optimised deliver quantifiable business outcomes to commercial businesses through a comprehensive suite of energy, renewables and sustainability services and technologies while driving a net zero carbon agenda.
With a combined team of highly trained analysts, engineers, technologists and professionals, the Group operates from six office locations including Ashby, Blackpool, Bristol, Dumfries, Gloucester, and Sittingbourne providing national coverage. As a team, we’re easy going and take great pride in our work. From sales and marketing to engineering, we’re all striving to support sustainability.
Optimised is a pending certified B Corp, which means it has met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency and we strive to run a professional, inclusive and transparent environment with like-minded people.
What is it like to work with us:
We strongly believe that our success depends on its culture and recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We ensure our employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability. We make sure we celebrate our milestones and get together once a year as a company to collaborate and have fun.
What we offer
• Company laptop
• Company Mobile Phone
• EV car scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Annual Railcard
• Private Medical Insurance
• Life Insurance & Employee Assistance Helpline and Online GP Service
• Personal Pension Scheme (Up to 5% Matched)
• A dedicated annual professional development allowance
• 25 days annual leave increasing to 28 with length of service (+ bank holidays)
• Option to buy / sell up to 3 days annual leave
• Enhanced Family Leave
• 1 day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Bereavement Leave
• Hybrid Working
• Free annual Flu Jab & Eye Test
• Up to one professional membership fee per year
• Recommend a Friend Scheme
If you are interested and think you can help us achieve our mission to net zero, please send your CV along with a covering letter to our careers team.
We are committed about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes diversity. We welcome applications from everyone who meets the requirements of the role regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, age or any other grounds. We are committed to equal opportunity, equal treatment and respect for every individual.
We offer, and value, flexible working and we are also proud to be committed to mental health awareness and to actively support the wellbeing of our team.
If there are any adjustments you need to help you bring your best self to an interview with us please let us know.
How to apply
Is something wrong with this job posting? Doesn't match your idea of good?
Let us know and help us maintain the quality of jobs.