CleanHub harnesses the power of tech to address one of the world's most pressing issues: ocean plastic.
Our lightweight platform enables effective waste management systems to be set up quickly in the coastal areas where they're needed most. Through our app we track and trace the entire logistics chain to provide the digital evidence for every kg of plastic that did not end up in our oceans. Check out our live impact
You will be joining CleanHub at a critical and exciting time. In our first two years of operation we financed the collection of 1’000’000kg (equivalent to 100 million soda bottles) of ocean bound plastic - now it’s time to scale the impact.
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us shape the data structures and APIs which will enable the traceability of ocean-bound plastic.
In this role you will work closely with the CTO and the product management. Moreover, you will also interact with the operational team on the ground to always have the complete picture required to define the CleanHub APIs.
• Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle from requirements to deployment and running the APIs and services in production
• Develop integrations with external services / APIs
• Work closely with the product management to improve the solutions
• Provide help with front-end tasks, when needed
• Improve the robustness and reliability of the codebase
• Help to refine & extend our architecture
• Deploy and maintain production services
• 3+ years overall professional development experience in Java
• Experience with Spring / Spring Boot (or similar frameworks)
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases and domain modeling
• Significant experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
• Good understanding of microservices architectural patterns, design patterns & production troubleshooting methods
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and cloud services (AWS)
• You're focused, driven and know how to get the projects across the finish line
• Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work
• Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
• A compelling reason why ocean protection is important to you
• You're empathetic, humble and love to help your teammates
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English